Computer Training Courses
Training for personal use
Nowadays many of the things you need to do on a daily basis can be done, or need to be done on a computer. This will inevitably increase in time. When you become confident using a computer, your life will become much more efficient and easier. In fact, you will probably wonder how you managed without a computer, particularly if you find it hard to get out.
If you have friends and family who aren’t local, I can show you how to keep in touch with either Facebook or Skype. You can even see each other with both. What’s
- shopping at your favourite clothes store eg: Marks and Spencer or Next.
- finding and purchasing household items in stores such as Currys, Amazon or Argos.
- Your regular food shop, for example with Tesco or Asda (as long as they deliver to your area)
- find the cheapest or best value items online
- online banking and savings
- set up and manage your emails
- set up and manage Facebook or Skype – keep in touch with family and friends
If you’re not familiar with even the basics you’re stuck. That’s where I come in. Having a patient, understanding tutor beside you while you search and place your order makes it so much easier, quicker and safer. If you need a new computer I can even advise on which one to buy.
Training for business
If like me you run a business, it’s almost impossible to do business without a computer. Your computer is multi-functional and a vital link between you and your potential clients and colleagues. Whether you started your business many years ago, or just recently, the internet will be invaluable as so much can be done online. Once you know
- how to use Word and Excel.
- Install, set up and use Skype
- Social media – Facebook and Twitter
- Linkedin for business networking and your online CV.
- WordPress – how to manage, maintain and optimise your website for search engines
- Canva – how to create attractive images.
The list is endless, and all the above are free to use. If you don’t see what you need please ask.
All training is on an hourly basis and if you only need one hour,
There are numerous topics to choose from. It’s up to you what topic you wish to choose.
Example Tops covered:
- Gmail – how to edit your account settings, create an effective signature (for business), organise your emails.
- Word and Excel – how to edit, add images to a straightforward document and save it so you can easily find it again.
- The internet – how to search for specific information and how to download apps etc.
- How to set up and use programs such as Skype, Dropbox, Amazon, ebay etc.
- How to organise your files.
- Paint – how to use
- Filing – how to create, organise and re-name files in Word.
If you need something I haven’t mentioned, please give me a call. I can also come to your home (in or near Uckfield) if that’s more convenient. Training will be on your own laptop, PC or tablet.
Course cost: £35 (per session), £30 for OAPs.
Reasons why 1 to 1 is better than group training
- Learn at your own pace, with friendly, helpful tutors on a one to one basis.
- Learn considerably more as its just focused on what you need to learn.
- Much easier to keep track. Learn in a group and its easy to loose your way.
- One to one – unlike many other courses, ours are on a one to one basis. Experience tells me that one-to-one works far better than group training, as it is just focused on you and you will learn more.
- At your own pace – we will be guided by you. When you’re ready to move on to another topic we will do so.
- Experienced – I have taught many individuals from a variety of age groups, from students in their 20’s to retired folk in their 90’s!